The Bosch GCL 25 is a great tool for any home improvement or light commercial project where straight and level installations are needed. This model provides a five point configuration and is self-leveling. This is a reliable laser intended for daily use on the job.
Features Of The Bosch GCL 25
This piece of equipment has the following features:
- It features 5 laser dots and cross line. The applications is used to examine vertical leveling, horizontal leveling, squaring, plumb transfer, and layouts. The great thing is you have the power of two lasers in one. This laser is more powerful saving you time, and money, and space.
- It has self-leveling and slope modes
- It is ergonomically designed
- This is good for projects on plumbing, squaring, horizontal leveling, and versatile alignment.
This Bosch GCL 25 is very lightweight and comes with 4 AA batteries. The product is very practical if you need a piece of equipment that is very adaptable, yet reliable, and convenient for even small daily projects. The laser is enhanced by new upgrades of laser technology by Bosch. The GCL 25 is controlled using a keypad, which has self-leveling and also has a number of different modes:
- Default mode, which will give you cross lines
- 5 point mode (the first press of keypad)
- Horizontal line only (second press)
- Vertical line only (third press)
- Return to default mode (fourth press of mode)
If the machine is in slope mode, the points are used for alignment of partitions on a 90-degree angle within each other.
Comparison With The Dewalt DW087K
Many who have purchased the Dewalt DW087K have compared it with the Bosch GCL 25. The Dewalt DW087K has these features:
- The DEWALT DW087K has a weight of 3.5 pounds. It is much heavier than the Bosch, which weighs only 1.1 lbs, so it may be more of a burden for some people.
- The dimensions of the Dewalt DW087K are bigger than the Bosch GCL 25; the Dewalt DW087K having 9.3 x 9 x 5 inches, where as the Bosch GCL 25 is 7.4 x 8.7 x 3.8 inches. This may not matter to some, but if someone has smaller projects, they may prefer the Bosch GCL 25.
- The battery life with the Dewalt DW087K has a much longer run time of 20 hours while the Bosch GCL 25 has a run time of 5 hours. If you’re doing smaller projects you may once again feel the Bosch may be a better purchase.
The Bosch GCL 25 is for many who are looking for doing smaller products, may offer more, and having different modes, may cost more but could, long term, be more of a benefit. It is lighter, so that makes it easier to simply move around and manage. The beam in other products may be more powerful, but if you are doing home products, the beam may be used in smaller distances.
If you are doing bigger products, you may want to consider a different piece of equipment. One that will have a beam at further distances, and can be re-programmed if the beam fades out after a certain point and also one where the battery run is longer; the Bosch G25 may be good if doing plumbing on what would be a big project; but overall consider a different product. Laser Levels overall have become quite common it saves time making calculations and eliminates the use of chalk. The Bosch GCL 25 for someone who is new to this technology and home improvement may want to consider this; the technology is pretty user friendly, and doing smaller projects helps build experience. There are many laser levels out there, and each one has their pros and cons, do your research to find which one works for you.