The Bosch GLL3-80 laser level unit is a three-plane leveling and alignment laser level device. It delivers inclusive alignment as well as leveling operation without any rotating motor in it. This unit has 90° cross points that are located at 90° from each others, which allows maximum flexibility and usage. The three bright perpendicular 360° lines of the Bosch GLL3-80 laser level provides more accuracy in leveling as well as alignments. It makes the work easier for those craftsmen and professionals who require perfect and accurate 360° lines.
Special Features of the Bosch GLL3-80
- The laser diode of this unit is 630-670 nm class two.
- Projects three perpendicular 360° lines that can be projected individually or together, according to the purpose of the user.
- Horizontal plane is projected by the upper turret and two vertical lines are projected by the two side turrets, making it applicable for leveling and alignment and also for plumb applications.
- Smart pendulum leveling system that self-levels and also indicates the out-of-level situation. The system also allows the device to lock automatically when not in use.
- Pulse laser receiver mode which can align up to 265 ft. It is very helpful in long distances and also in bright light conditions like the bright sunlight at outdoors.
- Manual mode enables the user to lock the lines to align at any angle.
- 90° bright red laser layout lines, both vertical and horizontal.
- Base with magnets, which makes the unit free standing on a metal rail or track, with no mounting requirements, that saves a lot of time and energy.
This laser level is mostly used by the craftsmen and professionals who in their work mostly need accurate 360° leveling or alignment. This unit can be used for plumb leveling and it can be used in completing many jobs like aligning conduit and pipes, leveling and alignment of cabinet or shelf, installation of doors and windows, carpentry and many other installation and finishing jobs.
Benefits and limitations
The three perpendicular 360° line projecting capability makes the Bosch GLL3-80 laser level unit a very different than other laser levels. This laser level is capable of providing the same function as any rotary laser level without having any rotating motors, with no risk of wearing out of any motor part and wastage of unnecessary battery power. The work can be easily kept on track because of the smart pendulum leveling system as it not only self-levels, but also indicates when the condition is out-of-level. The pendulum is protected by the secure transport lock when the laser level device is switched off.
The Bosch GLL3-80 laser level device is dust and water proof, and this unit is IP54 rated due to its sturdy body. This device has a very good durability. The Bosch GLL3-80 laser level has a co-modeled rubber housing, which makes it easy to hold on to. This device not only is free standing on any metal track, but it is also compatible for 1/4-20 and 5/8-11 tripod mounting. The keypad of this device is very clearly readable and this unit also has a low battery indicator.
One limitation is that, other than metal or tripod, mounting of the Bosch GLL3-80 laser level is not possible. It cannot be mounted to concrete posts. As this laser level is quite expensive, it might not meet the budget estimation of some users.
The Bosch GLL3-80 laser level is one of the most reliable laser levels, as this device can precisely compete with rotary laser levels, which are the more advanced laser levels. For wide construction field, this laser level is an ideal choice. The cost of this unit might be a bit high but the accuracy and durability of this device worth the price.