The Bosch GPL5 laser level unit is a 5-point self-leveling alignment laser device with a very productive design and a combination of cutting-edge technology. This unit has tremendously reliable features like pendulum self-leveling system, quad mirror technology, easy field recalibration and integrated reference lines. All these features are packed in this one pocket-sized minute laser level device. The Bosch GPL5 laser level tool provides level, square, plumb up and plumb down point alignment. With the wide range of features, this laser level tool has a great accuracy which makes the device very reliable.
- Easy field re-calibration feature enables the device to maintain accuracy and it also prevents the downtime.
- Grade points, level, plumb and 90° square are transferred and aligned accurately.
- Integrated reference lines helps in positioning of the tool for accuracy and also in transferring of points.
- Laser level unit is pocket-sized for user convenience, which makes it easy to transport and handle.
- Smart pendulum level system enables the tool to self-level and also indicate the out-of-level condition, which locks when the laser level is not being used.
- Multipurpose mounting feature that enables the device to be mounted in any position. It has magnets at its base and can be mounted on metal post. The device can also be mounted by using straps or threads.
The Bosch GPL5 laser level tool projects five-point laser beams and it is useful for square, level, plumb up and plumb down alignment applications. This tool is an ideal choice for both professionals and DIY individuals for daily use on any work site. This tool is mostly used in installing fixtures and tracks, wall layout alignment and partition alignment and many more, not only for finishing the job, but it can also be used to start the task.
Benefits And Limitations
The innovative technology of the Bosch GPL5 laser level unit makes it very different from other laser level tools, with top-of-the-line technology. First of all, the quad mirror technology delivers five-point laser beams for square, level, plumb up and plumb down. During the work, the beam can be positioned precisely and transfer points for easy alignment and transfer of points. The visible accuracy of this tool is within 1/4 inch at 100 ft range and its maximum range is 100 ft. The smart pendulum system ad up another beneficial feature, as this technology allows the device not only to self-level, but it also indicates the out-of-level condition and locks when the laser of the device is not in use.
The Bosch GPL5 laser level is mountable in any position, which makes it an easy-to-use device. The battery compartment is located on the top of the device and it is easily accessible. The tool comes with a soft pouch that can be attached to the belt. Its light weight and its small size enable the user to carry the tool easily. The outer cover of the device gives it extra durability.
One limitation of this device is that it doesn’t have 360° coverage capability. The beam of this tool might not be very visible in bright light conditions and in outdoor work sites with bright sunlight. If one need complete 360° coverage then one can go for Bosch GLL3-80 laser level tool or other rotary laser levels.
Bosch GPL5 Conclusion
The Bosch GPL5 laser level tool is a one of the most easy-to-use and reliable laser levels available. It is a very good choice for the professionals and individuals who deal with daily leveling works. With all the fantastic features and great durability, this device is cheap and easily affordable.