The Dewalt DW087K is one of those tools where once you use it the first time to help make your job just right, you’ll wonder how you ever operated without it. The DW087K is right for basic jobs around the house or office where everything needs to line up. This laser delivers great accuracy for lining up anything from lighting fixtures to flooring. Contractors will find simple uses for this level though for more advanced site work where a brighter laser or more elaborate laser pattern is needed, more robust models will be a much better fit.
Dewalt DW087K Features
This excellent piece of equipment has the following features:
- Accurate laser for a variety of level applications
- This saves time making calculations by allowing self-leveling within 5 degrees, and it maintains accuracy at 1/8 inch at a distance as far as 30 feet
- Pivot bracket for mounting, which makes it easy even on metal surfaces, and the laser is visible at 50 feet for indoor jobs
- Easy control and operation whether you’re new, or an expert
- The level comes with three AA batteries, which provide up to 20 hours of run time, limiting the amount of time needed to change batteries
- The equipment also comes with a protective kit box, and a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money-back guarantee, if you’re not satisfied
- The design concept uses a molded case made from recycled materials, and it comes with extra space for batteries.
This Dewalt DW087K is very durable, and can be used in steel framing, trim. The laser light works well, though can have difficulty if used in bright light, and if the distance is at a very great length. If you want the perfect level, when you mount the Dewalt DW087K on a standard camera tripod, you will get it all the time. It comes with numerous mounting options for a variety of projects. When you do carpentry work, and you have take calculations, and work with chalk material; it is very time consuming. Dewalt DW087K helps save time by giving the accuracy you need.
Comparison with Bosch GCL 25
Many who have purchased the Dewalt DW087K have compared it with the Bosch GCL 25. The Bosch has these features:
- The Bosch GCL 25 has a weight of 1.1 pounds, where the Dewalt DW087K has a weight of 3.5 pounds. If you’re doing long projects, the Dewalt DW087K may be more cumbersome as time goes on, where this would not be the case.
- The dimensions of the Dewalt DW087K are bigger than the Bosch GCL 25; the Dewalt DW087K having 9.3 x 9 x 5 inches, where as the Bosch GCL 25 is 7.4 x 8.7 x 3.8 inches.
- The battery life with the Dewalt DW087K has a much longer run time of 20 hours while the BOSCH GCL 25 has a run time of 5 hours.
- The Bosch GCL 25 has five different points and a cross-line. The Bosch GCL 25 is good for use plumbing, horizontal leveling, squaring, and alignment applications. The Bosch GCL 25 may be able to offer more options, and be more practical for certain projects, especially for plumbing.
When doing carpentry work, having a good laser level will always help make your work easier; both the Dewalt DW087K, and the Bosch GCL 25 have excellent features; find out what projects you plan to do, and what machinery will work out best.