The measuring tape has gone a long way, and like other measuring tools it has gone digital. It’s a basic tool that we all have lying around the house but its newest member, the laser measuring tape is a definite must that can make measuring distances and dimensions effortless and fun!
If you’re tired of using your old measuring tape and want something more convenient and up to date, upgrade it its laser counterpart, which you can use without the help of another person to hold the other end for you. You no longer need to put off measuring the exact size of the rooms in your home or office, we’ll teach you how to do it minus the hassle. Here’s our guide on how to measure a room with the help of a laser measuring tape. Plus, we’ll share some tips on how you can maximize the features that comes along with this handy dandy device.
Get the most out of your laser tape measure with these helpful tips.
- As this digital measuring device relies on the laser, make sure to keep the laser cleaned by using a high-quality lens cleaner and use it regularly. Also make sure that it’s properly aligned. These would ensure that you obtain consistently accurate measurements.
- Be careful when it comes to storing this device. It’s best to keep it in its case when not in use as this prevents possible scratches on the lens that may be caused by other items in your toolbox.
- Not all laser tape measures are created equal. For optimum user experience, do read the user’s manual before using the device rather than just winging it!
- Never point the laser beam directly into the eyes as this may cause visual problems that may either be temporary or permanent.
- When storing this device, ensure that it’s inaccessible to your children or minors.
Now that we’ve gotten the tips out of the way, let’s go straight to using the laser tape measure to measure a room. Here’s our easy to follow guide.
- Turn on the device and stand on one corner of the room with the device aiming at one corner of the wall. Make sure it hits the wall at the other end. Once you have the laser at the right spot, press the button, and the tape measure calculates the distance and displays it on its screen.
- Once you’re done with one corner, go to another corner and point the device to the wall. Once you have the wall on target, press the plus key and the laser tape measure will automatically calculate the distance for you.
- If the room you’re measuring is uneven or has odd sides, repeat step 2 to the other corners.
- To complete the measurement of the room, press the equal key.
- In the event you pointed the laser to the incorrect target, you can use the subtraction feature or you can reset the measurements you’ve taken and start all over again.